- Job no: 66005
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Ongoing Appointment
- Full Time - 76 Hours per f/n + RPDO's
- Classification: Grade 2 Administrator ($75,000 per year + 11% Superannuation)
- Located at The Alfred
- Great staff benefits!
Alfred Health People & Culture is responsible for the overall delivery of numerous Human Resources related services to the organisation. People & Culture incorporates HR Operations, Organisational Development, Redesigning Care, Library Services and the Australian Centre for Health Innovation. The operational component of Human Resources includes Employee Relations, OH&S, Recruitment and HR Business Partnering. This group is responsible for providing day to day HR advice and services on a range of issues, including workforce planning, policy interpretation, legislative compliance in relation to industrial agreements, performance management advice, end-to-end attraction of talent and recruitment services, retention initiatives and general HR advice to employees and managers alike.
The HR Advice Coordinator is a key role within the HR advice team in Alfred Health's centralised employee enquiry and advice service. The HR Advice Coordinator is the central and significant point of contact for all employee enquiries for action within a timely response. The role is pivotal in creating a positive impression to both Alfred employees and our external customers (where appropriate). This role advises employees and line managers on matters related to employment and entitlement matters, including advice on EBA interpretation. The HR Advice Coordinator will provide support to the HR Services Business Partners as well as Alfred Health Managers & Employees with regards to HR related issues. They are responsible for the provision of accurate advice, liaising with their colleagues in Recruitment & On-boarding, HRIS, Business Partnering, Employee Relations and OHS when enquiries / issues / matters require expert advice, etc. The primary focuses for the HR Advice Coordinator is to ensure all email enquiries and employee compliance matters are dealt with in a timely manner. The HR Advice Coordinator is expected to have an understanding of matters such as EBA entitlements, Alfred Health's policies and procedures, HRIS, performance appraisal process and Alfred Health's values.
- Experience in the provision of HR advice and coordination in a large and complex environment
- A basic working understanding of industrial legislation and employment law principles
- Demonstrated understanding of HR processes
- Strong administrative skills and understanding of HR systems
- Strong computer skills, including experience with database maintenance
- Ability to apply critical thinking to complex issues and problem solve
- Exposure to HR environment within the Health Industry
- HR qualification (or currently studying)
- Experience in interpreting Enterprise Agreements (EBAs)
- An understanding of HR, recruitment techniques and principles
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Monthly rostered paid days off in addition to 5x weeks of annual leave per year
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
Please send all enquiries to Emily Materia, HR Junior Business Partner, at [email protected]
Applications Close: 11pm AEST, Thursday 21st September 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.