- Job no: 65877
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Podiatry
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Part-Time at 40 hours per fortnight
- Podiatrist – Grade 3 Classification (CV9 - CV12)
- Alfred Hospital Location
The High-Risk Foot Service is governed through the Specialty Medicine program with leadership from Endocrinology and Diabetes, Podiatry and Vascular Surgery. The Service includes:
- Same-day admissions for assessment and intervention (debridement or excisional procedures) triaged/assessed and coordinated through the High-Risk Foot Service Co-ordinator (Podiatrist)
- Patients admitted to the same-day High-Risk Foot Service under Endocrinology and Diabetes in consultation with a dedicated Vascular Surgery team, Diabetes Educator, Podiatrist and Orthotist
- Patients requiring overnight/multiday day admitted under the governance of the Endocrinology and Diabetes Unit
- Multidisciplinary ward rounds with the inpatient care coordination team
- Other specialist services consulted as required
The Position Summary
This is a great opportunity for an experienced podiatrist to take their practice to the next level at Alfred Health. The role will be to take a lead in clinical service provision and maintain high standards of podiatric care to inpatients and outpatients of all Alfred Health Hospitals. You will be providing support to the HRFS team as a senior clinician podiatrist, ensuring adherence to standards and a coordinated approach to clinical care. You will also be providing clinical supervision and support to more junior staff within the Podiatry Service and a leadership role in clinical decision-making with the healthcare team. You will also have the opportunity to develop, implement and evaluate quality improvement and research projects with the team.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Tertiary qualification in Podiatry and registration with the Podiatry Board of Australia via AHPRA
- A minimum of 7 years of postgraduate experience in a hospital podiatry role
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in diabetes foot management including evidence of continuing education, research or post-graduate qualification in the field of diabetes or wound management
- Demonstrated attributes and accomplishments consistent with being a strong clinical leader
- Salary packaging
- Discounted onsite parking
- Onsite staff gym (Alfred Hospital)
- Close to public transport and shops
Please send enquiries to Liz Perry, Manager of Podiatry Services, on 0407 376 680
Applications close Wednesday, 27th September, 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 19 Sep 2023, 2:42 AM