- Job no: 65388
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent position
- Part-Time - 64 hours per fortnight over 4 days (varied shift hours: Monday-Friday). 0645-1515 earliest shift & 1245-2115 latest weekday shift
- 5 weeks Annual Leave
- HS1 + allowance
- Based at The Alfred. Once trained may be trained to cover other areas within the department
- Staff benefits
If you thrive in a busy environment and you are a team player then the Radiology/Nuclear Medicine Department at The Alfred wants you! We provide general x-ray, Ultrasound, CT, Angiography/Fluoroscopy, MRI, and Nuclear Medicine services.
As the Radiology/ Nuclear Medicine Clerk you will be responsible for coordinating requests, registration of patients and ensuring that patients are processed for their tests. The successful incumbent will be trained in various areas of the department so flexibility with shift times and in learning various areas within Radiology & Nuclear Medicine is essential.
This exciting role requires you to have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound clerical, phone, booking and reception skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- The ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure.
- The ability to adapt to change and be flexible.
- The ability to follow directions and comply with the Alfred health & departmental Policies and Procedures.
- An understanding of medical terminology is desirable. Previous clerical experience in the medical field is an advantage.
- Salary packaging
- Discounted onsite parking
- Onsite staff gym
- Onsite childcare centre
- Close to public transport and shops
For further details please contact Melinda Reid on 9076 5880 or Sharon Hendricks via 9076 2118
Applications close: 11pm Monday, 25 September 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.