- Job no: 64923
- Category: Nurse, Registered Nurse
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent positions (multiple)
- Part Time - up to 64 hrs per f/n
- Learn new skills with supported professional development
- Person-centered model of care
- Excellent nurse-to-patient ratios: 3:1
- Alfred location
The Alfred provides a fully integrated range of cancer treatment services and modalities onsite, from diagnosis through to best supportive care. This is an opportunity to work in a cancer speciality which may lead to a new career path.
You will have the chance to work in our comprehensive service, including solid tumour cancers, non-malignant haematology, malignant haematology and stem cell transplantation including autologous and allogeneic transplants. We also provide care for an extensive range of clinical trials including first-in-human trials.
As a clinical nurse, your practice will lead to excellence in patient care. You understand the importance of establishing a relationship between the patient and yourself in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for your patients. You demonstrate the core nursing values of patient centred care, trust and respect in every interaction with patients, carers and colleagues. You will be supported with a professional development framework which includes key learning concepts to become a skilled clinician in cancer nursing.
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team
- Strong patient focus
- Chemotherapy administration experience is highly desirable but not essential
- Current Registration as a Registered Nurse (division 1) with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
This is the place for you if you want to join a friendly, motivated & enthusiastic team and have an interest in becoming a cancer nursing. We provide a supportive learning environment which is committed to wellbeing of both patients and staff. We have been recognised as a leader in staff wellbeing at Alfred, winning an internal award for innovations in staff wellness initiatives.
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, a payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library facilities, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
Come and explore your career in cancer nursing. For any position related queries, please contact Acting Nurse Manager Olivia O'Kearney via email at [email protected]
Applications close: 11pm Tuesday, 17 October 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Published on 18 Sep 2023, 10:33 PM