- Job no: 64719
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Social Work
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Are you looking for an opportunity for career progression? Join the Alfred Child & Youth Mental Health Service to support the clinical and professional development of our Social Work team.
- Permanent, Part-time (3 days/wk)
- Based in Moorabbin
- Chief Social Worker Grade 2
- Extensive experience in child and youth mental health services
What's in it for you
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- An opportunity to be involved in changing perceptions and reducing stigma surrounding mental health issues!
INFANT, CHILD & YOUTH AREA MENTAL HEALTH & WELLBEING SERVICE (ICYAMHWS)
Alfred ICYAMHWS is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
ICYAMHWS provides clinical services in partnership with a wide range of service providers to achieve the best possible outcomes. Alfred ICYAMHWS is committed to active participation by families and young people in evaluating and improving our services.
What YOU’LL be doing
As our discipline senior social worker, you are responsible for the clinical and professional development of our ICYAMHWS social workers, and for co-ordination of social work services within our service.
In this role, you will maintain clinical social work standards within ICYAMHWS and promote and develop social work research. You will also liaise and work in conjunction with Alfred Mental and Addiction Health social work department.
What we need from YOU
- Current registration as a Social Worker with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) to practice with the national board
- Postgraduate qualifications
- Minimum of ten years’ post graduate clinical experience
- Australian working rights
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport, shops and cafes
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button. Please include your resume and a cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Denise Fry or Rachel Barbara May on ph: 8552 0555
Closing date: Sunday, 1st October 2023 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 18 Sep 2023, 6:01 AM