- Job no: 64484
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Access Officer (Intake Clinician - Allied Health Professional or Nurse)
- Allied Health Grade 2 or Nurse Grade 3B (plus generous salary packaging, and Super)
- 48 hours/fortnight
- Fixed Term Position until 25 January 2024
- Based on-site at Caulfield Hospital, only 15 mins south-east of the city
About Caulfield Community Health Service
Caulfield Community Health Service is an integrated community health service of Alfred Health. We deliver Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) and Community Health-funded Adult; Child, Youth and Family; Case Management and Health Promotion services to clients in the local government areas.
Caulfield Access is a centralised Intake service where referrals are triaged and processed for the 25 community based services (both community health and HIP services) located at Caulfield Hospital. Our team is currently made up of allied health clinicians of various clinical backgrounds (including physiotherapy, nursing, occupational therapy & social work) and adminstrative staff. We are part of the dynamic and dedicated Caulfield Community Health Service team and provide an important role in facilitating timely access to our community and ambulatory services, as well as educating clients, service providers and referrers about these services. This role is essentially telephone based with opportunities to work closely with community service providers.
You will be an Allied Health clinician or Nurse Grade 3B who will:
- Screen referrals, perform an initial assessment over the phone and provide information to clients, clinicians & service providers
- Determine eligibility/urgency for the appropriate community and ambulatory services
- Promote a responsive consumer focus ensuring a sound knowledge and understanding of relevant services, disciplines and service criteria to strengthen the capacity of individuals, families, carers and communities
- Work in collaborative relationships with staff across Caulfield Hospital and Alfred Health and support the team leader in effective day to day functioning of the service.
- Meet reporting and legislative requirements and facilitate accurate use of forms and documentation to enable high-quality service provision
Skills and Experience (Essential)
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in allied health or nursing.
- Registration (if applicable).
- Demonstrated computer literacy and skills at a level sufficient to undertake the requirements of the position
- Understanding of, alignment with and role modelling of Alfred Health capabilities.
- Ability to work under limited supervision, cope with pressure and highly demanding workloads
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development.
- Capacity to understand and adhere to organisational policies, guidelines and work instructions.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork with an ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge of current privacy and confidentiality legislation.
- Salary Packaging
- Ongoing commitment to professional development, with study, leave assistance
- On-site car parking
- Onsite Gym
Enquiries to Haria Lambrou (Caulfield Access Team Leader) on 0404 042 392
Applications close: 11pm Friday, 9 June 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.