- Job no: 64474
- Category: Technical and Support, Other Technical / Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Part-time hours available, afternoon and weekend work required
- Patient Services Assistant Classification (code – PS25)
- Sandringham location
- Staff benefits
Support Services provides the core Support Services of Non-ward Cleaning, Gardens and Grounds, Distribution, Security, Ward Support, Food Services, and Car Parking. The position of Patient Services Assistant is a key operational role within the Support Services team.
We are seeking motivated and enthusiastic people to join our Patient Services Ward Support team. We are recruiting for a part-time PSA across the wards. In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of meals to ward locations, bed making and general cleaning duties. You will have a background of experience in Food Services within Health and Aged Care Facilities or equivalent. You will have experience working in a hospital environment and excellent communication skills. A high level of flexibility and motivation to achieve set standards, contribute to Occupational Health and Safety and understand and practice infection control principles is required.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks.
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to respond promptly and courteously to internal and external customers
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to multitask and work in different areas with the Health Services.
- Salary packaging and Novated leasing
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking (subject to availability)
For all enquiries relating to this position, please contact Jason Boustead (Manager, Non-Clinical Support Services) at [email protected]
Applications close Monday, 5 June 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.