Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
About the Department
The Alfred Trauma Service was founded in 1984. We are the largest and most active Trauma Service in Australasia. We are one of three Victorian Major Trauma Services (The Alfred, The Royal Melbourne Hospital and The Royal Children's Hospital) and we treat over half of all major Victorian trauma cases.
About the Role
Applications are invited for the position of Locum Specialist in Trauma (Fractional) at Alfred Health.
This position is for a 12 month period, to provide backfill to the unit working 9.1 hours per week.
Qualifications and Skills Required
Our preferred candidate must possess the following experience and attributes:
- Appointees must be legally qualified medical practitioners, registered or registrable with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) without conditions, undertakings or reprimands that could impact on their clinical practice
- Fellow of the relevant college (FRACS, FACEM, FANZCA, FCICM)
- Demonstrable relevant knowledge and experience in Trauma reception, resuscitation and perioperative management of the multitrauma patient.
- Meeting Alfred Health requirements for credentialing and scope of practice in Trauma service
- Outstanding communication skills, including well-developed conflict resolution skills
- Ability to liaise well with other staff at all levels
- Demonstrated flexibility in problem solving and the capability to develop and sustain highly collaborative relationships with others/other teams.
Enquiries: A/Prof Joseph Mathew, Deputy Director Trauma Services via email to [email protected] or phone 0431 618 029
Applications close: Friday, 2nd June 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.