- Job no: 63914
- Category: Nurse, Clinical
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Part Time Position
- 32-64 hours per fortnight
- Classification: RUSON Year 1-3 (YP12-14)
Ward 3 West is a 46-bed step down cardiovascular unit that has undergone exciting transformation to further increase Cardiac capacity, which services patients Australia wide. Our team has a strong vision for patient centred care and leading the way in quality improvements providing exceptional care.
The role of the RUSON is to provide support to the nursing team in the delivery of safe and quality patient centred care. The RUSON is required to work under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse at all times, within their level of education and assessed competencies and also under clearly defined role parameters. The main objectives of this role are:
- To participate in delegated care delivery relating to patient activities of daily living, ensuring that the personal needs and comfort of patients is maintained
- To assist in providing a safe patient environment and additional supervision ensuring patient safety is maintained
- To enhance patient recovery by assisting with patient bed positioning, transfers, ambulation and other care activities as outlines in the RUSON specific duty list within the care environment
- Within the confines of the RUSON role, to provide general support to the Wards/Units, ensuring effective and efficient care delivery
- The RUSON works as an assistant to the health care team in managing COVID 19 completing non-invasive testing of temperature (and documentation of findings and contact details), collecting specimens for testing and undertaking close contact tracing.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate Bachelor of Nursing Degree or Master of Nursing Practice and has successfully completed at least 12 months
- Registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Agency as a student nurse
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Enquiries: Gemma Tate, Manager Ward 3 West, email: [email protected],au
Applications close: 11pm Friday, 7 April 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.