- Job no: 63640
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Ongoing Appointment
- Full Time - 80 Hours + ADO
- Classification: RPN Grade 3, SW / OT Grade 2
- Located At Caulfield Hospital
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
AMAH services comprise five programs:
- Consultation Liaison and Emergency Psychiatry
- Child and Youth Mental Health (including headspace)
- Adult Inpatient Psychiatry
- Adult Community Mental Health
- Caulfield Aged and Liaison Psychiatry
These teams are located at the Alfred Hospital (Commercial Road, Prahran), at 549 St. Kilda Road, 607 St Kilda Rd, Alma Road CCU in St. Kilda, and at our Prevention and Recovery Centre (PARC) at Nicholson Street Prahran. Caulfield Aged and Liaison Psychiatry is located at Caulfield Hospital (Kooyong Rd, Caulfield) and the Child & Youth Service is located in Moorabbin and headspace service in various locations in Victoria. Alfred Mental & Addiction Health also works in partnership with relevant local non-government and social support agencies.
The Aged Psychiatry Service (APS) provides assessment, treatment and ongoing management for people over the age of 65 years with a mental health disorder including psychological & behavioural disturbances, for persons residing in the Inner South East catchment area.
The APS consists of Baringa which is a 15-bed acute inpatient unit as well as the community based Mobile Aged Psychiatry Service (MAPS), a hospital-based Consultation & Liaison service (including off campus Transitional Care Program (TCP), and a Clinical Trials & Research team
A Psychiatric Consultation & Liaison service is provided to patients at Caulfield Hospital.
The APS utilises a multidisciplinary team approach to patient care, which includes: registered nurses, medical, social work, occupational therapist, psychologist and clerical support staff.
The APS is the responsibility of the Director of Aged Psychiatry Services. The operational management of The Aged Psychiatry Service is the responsibility of the Senior Nurse Operations Manager.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Registered as a Division 1 Nurse under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia)
- Holding, or able to demonstrate working towards, Post graduate qualifications in Psychiatric Nursing and/or Mental Health
- Minimum Bachelor of Social Work
- Must be eligible for membership with AASW and show evidence of this
- Evidence of CPD
- B. App Sc (OT), B. Occupational Therapy, or MOT prac
- Must be eligible for membership with OTA and show evidence of this
- Must be registered under the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Evidence of CPD
- Minimum two years’ experience in mental health settings
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Close Proximity to Public Transport
All enquires to Kate Dunne on 03 9076 6012
Applications Close 11pm Friday, 31st March 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.