- Job no: 63504
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term – 12 months contract – possibility to extend
- Full Time/Part Time considered
- HS1-HS2 dependent upon experience
- Flexibility working between home and office available
- Location: Monash University, St Kilda Road, Melbourne
- Staff benefits
Melanoma and Skin Cancer Trials (MASC Trials) is Australia and New Zealand’s collaborative trials group specialising in investigator-initiated melanoma and skin cancer research. Working with multidisciplinary medical and research professionals around the globe, MASC Trials conducts clinical trials and related biological research to improve treatments for melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers.
MASC Trials is a registered not for profit research organisation, and has an academic affiliation with Monash University, with a dedicated department supporting our research activities, the MASC Research Centre.
MASC Trials manages a diverse growing portfolio of research in the prevention, early detection and treatment of melanoma and skin cancer, including early to late phase clinical trials. This is a dynamic organisation with global reach and a strong track-record of developing, managing and delivering research that improves outcomes in patients affected by melanoma and skin cancer.
MASC Trials are seeking a motivated and suitably experienced Administrative Assistant with a genuine interest in working in the clinical trials environment, to provide executive administrative support to the Head of MASC Trials and the MASC Trials team. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing team and contribute to improvement in the lives of those suffering from melanoma and skin cancer.
The Administrative Assistant will provide high level secretarial and administrative duties supporting MASC Trials clinical trials and staff, in particular to the Head of MASC Trials. As the first point of contact for the office, this role requires exceptional administrative and organisational skills in order to coordinate and undertake a range of operational activities supporting the staff, MASC Trials membership and clinical trials portfolio on a day to day basis.
This role will include managing relationships with MASC Trials members and researchers, clinicians, clinical trial staff, funders and university representatives both within and outside of the organisation. The role will be required to take initiative and operative independently and will involve tasks such as monitoring emails, responding when appropriate, preparation of reports, presentations, journal article and grant applications. The Administrative Assistant will provide executive level administrative services and operational support for the MASC Trials team including coordinating meetings and events, travel and conference activities. This role will provide financial support including coordinating payments, invoicing, purchasing and record keeping in line with MASC Trials’ and institutional policies.
The Administrative Assistant will be required to ensure effective collaboration and team work in the clinical trial setting; including direct liaison with research staff at participating hospitals, study teams, and colleagues as well as active contribution to the broader aims of MASC Trials including membership activities; education, training and presenting (as required).
This exceptional candidate will be highly organised with extensive experience within a tertiary setting and preferably in a clinical trials environment.
- Broad knowledge of the ways in which the senior management of a complex organisation operates.
- Extensive secretarial / administrative experience in Government, University or Health Sector. Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and respect confidentiality at all times.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Numeracy skills together with experience in controlling income/expenditure for reconciliation/budget tracking, and managing invoice payments and purchases.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and highly organised. Highly developed organisational skills and proven ability to establish priorities, manage tasks, coordinate meetings and events, and work to multiple, tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, exercise sound judgement, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work.
Benefits of working with us:
- Contribute to high quality research that is practice changing.
- Work in an exciting and dynamic field.
- Be a part of a supportive, dedicated growing team.
- Opportunities for self-improvement.
- Attractive remuneration package plus salary sacrificing options.
Please include your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in working with MASC Trials. Please provide a minimum of two referees. Applicants must have full Australian work rights.
All enquiries to Gabrielle Byars via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.