- Job no: 63184
- Category: Nurse, Research
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Part time: 0.6 to 0.8 FTE
- Fixed term: 12-month maternity leave cover
- HS6 or Gr 5 (ZA7) Nursing role
- Alfred location
- Great staff benefits!
The MSNI unit provides a multidisciplinary service with dedicated physiotherapy, clinical psychology and dietetics. The MSNI unit works closely alongside other neurology subspecialties including neuro-ophthalmology, pain and rehabilitation groups. Multidisciplinary MSNI Outpatient Clinics are provided on Tuesdays and Wednesdays with smaller research clinics running on Monday and Tuesdays. A dedicated Neuroimmunology clinic for patients with non-MS neuroimmunological conditions (led by Dr Mastura Monif) runs on Thursdays.
We invite applications for this exciting Clinical Research Leadership role in the MS and Neuroimmunology (MSNI) Unit at Alfred Health. The MSNI Unit is the leading MSNI service in Australia and provides multidisciplinary care and translational research opportunities to people living with MS or other Neuroimmunological disorders. This senior position provides an opportunity to join a dynamic team of MS and neuroimmunology, academic clinicians. If you love working in a supportive and stimulating environment, this is the place to be! The incumbent will work closely with a Senior MSNI nurse consultant, Ethics and Admin Officers, Neurologists and Scientists. The incumbent will oversee Clinical Trial management, including governance and finance, for the MSNI Unit and co-manage a team of three research nurses/ research officers. The post holder will be working closely with people with MS and Neuroimmunological disorders at all Alfred Health campuses. Experience in clinical research is essential. Applicants with a nursing background are also invited.
The position is for 3 to 4 days a week, with some opportunity for flexibility with the timetable.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Experience in coordinating clinical research and trials within Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines, specifically in neurology.
- Proven skills in the management of the activities of a multi-disciplinary team who are engaged in clinical research projects to ensure compliance with protocols and overall clinical objectives
- Postgraduate qualification in health and/or management or working towards same
- Advanced clinical knowledge in MSNI or Neuroscience
- Optional: Registration as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library facilities, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and well-being incentives
- Discounted health insurance
Questions about this role? Please get in touch with Anneke Van Der Walt (Head of MSNI Unit) at email@example.com
Applications close at 11 pm Thursday, 23 March 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.