- Job no: 63007
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Allied Health Assistance
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Fixed term, part time position
Location: The Alfred
Great staff benefits!
The Alfred provides a fully integrated range of cancer treatment services and modalities onsite, from diagnosis through to best supportive care. You will have the chance to work in our comprehensive service, including solid tumour cancers, non-malignant haematology, malignant haematology and stem cell transplantation including autologous and allogeneic transplants. We also provide care for an extensive range of clinical trials including first in human trials.
The role of the AIN is to provide support to the nursing team in the delivery of safe and quality patient centred care. The AIN is required to work under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse at all times, within their level of education and assessed competencies and also under clearly defined role parameters. The main objectives of this role are:
- To participate in delegated care delivery relating to patient activities of daily living, ensuring that the personal needs and comfort of patients is maintained
- To assist in providing a safe patient environment and additional supervision ensuring patient safety is maintained
- To enhance patient recovery by assisting with patient bed positioning, transfers, ambulation and other care activities as outlined in the AIN specific duty list within the care environment
- Within the confines of the AIN role, to provide general support to the Wards/Units, ensuring effective and efficient care delivery
Salary packaging and novated leasing are available
Health and wellbeing incentives
Onsite childcare and gym
Discounted health insurance
For all enquiries, please contact Sue Collings (firstname.lastname@example.org) phone 03 90762780
Applications close: 11pm Monday, 6 February 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closed 3 days ago - 06 Feb 2023