- Job no: 63000
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Psychology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Co-ordinator of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Program
- Permanent, Part-time (0.5EFT)
- St Kilda Rd location – Adult Community Psychiatry
- Clinical Psychologist Grade 3
- Frequent professional development opportunities and regular professional supervision
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
What you’ll be doing
The Co-ordinator of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) Program will be responsible for the co-ordination of the DBT Program and staff, including ensuring suitable training, supervision and support arrangements for all DBT staff.
The incumbent will also provide advice to the Manager of Psychology Services and Program Manager of Community Psychiatry on issues relating to the planning, governance and service design of the DBT Program.
This position encompasses leadership, administration, teaching and clinical roles.
- Fully registered under the Psychology Board of Australia (PBA)
- Masters or Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- At least 5 years of work experience as a Clinical Psychologist with experience in DBT.
- Be an approved supervisor with the PBA
- Australian working rights
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Lynda Katona - Manager of Psychology Services on 0402 071 138
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closed 3 days ago - 06 Feb 2023