- Job no: 62913
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Occupational Therapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Grade 2 Occupational Therapist (VF6-VF9)
- 0.5EFT Acquired Brain Injury Community Rehabilitation Service and 0.5EFT Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program
- Permanent, full-time role with flexible ADO
- Part-time applicants for the two 0.5EFT roles will also be considered
- Both roles are based at Caulfield Hospital
Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program (CRP)
- Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program provides Home and Centre Based rehabilitation as well as the Falls Clinic services.
- The service's focus is on the provision of goal-directed, community-based rehabilitation for clients following injury or hospitalisation.
- The Community Rehabilitation multidisciplinary team comprises physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, dietitians, neuropsychologist, psychologist, allied health assistants, rehabilitation medicine doctor, registered nurse and social workers.
Alfred Health Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation Service (ABI Service)
- The Alfred Health Acquired Brain Injury Service provides statewide rehabilitation for people with moderate to severe acquired brain injuries.
- The service provides assessment, rehabilitation and care planning for clients with complex needs following an ABI.
- We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join our two Community Rehabilitation teams.
- As an Occupational Therapist within the Community Rehabilitation programs, you will provide goal-directed client-centred rehabilitation services to clients.
- The clinical caseload is varied across the two roles, creating a fantastic opportunity to develop expertise in working with a broad range of clinical diagnoses.
- Along with the clinical responsibilities, you will provide supervision to OT and AHA staff as well as students.
- Minimum three years of clinical experience.
- Previous experience in a community rehabilitation setting is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and modify service delivery in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Strong theoretical knowledge base and experience in areas of orthopaedics, neurology and gerontology.
- Demonstrated participation in professional development relevant to the position.
- Regular clinical and operational supervision.
- Access to a range of professional development activities through both Community Rehabilitation Program and the Occupational Therapy Department.
- Salary packaging.
- Discounted health insurance.
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking.
If you would like further details, please contact Cristie Windfeld-Lund (ABI Service) on 9076 7423 or David Harrower (CRP) on 0419 770 237
Applications close: 11pm Sunday, 2 April 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Published on 19 Mar 2023, 1:00 PM