Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed term position - Maternity Leave cover until Feb 2025
- Part-Time at 48 hours per fortnight
- Flexible - up to 24 hours per week
- Grade 2, Occupational Therapist
- Based on site at Caulfield Hospital
- Great Staff Benefits!
Home, Aged and Community Care is a clinical program across Alfred Health and largely based at Caulfield Hospital. The HACC program plays an integral role within Victoria’s health care system, supporting people to maximise their independence and functioning, and minimise long-term healthcare needs. HACC oversees a diverse group of services promoting effective seamless care, from acute care back into the community. These services are provided in hospital, community based settings and in people’s homes. Our Community Integration services act to provide a responsive, person-centred, effective system of care that aims to improve health outcomes and the quality of life for our clients and broader community.
About Caulfield Community Health Service
Caulfield Community Health Service is a dynamic integrated community health service within Alfred Health. We deliver a range of health services to adults and families, and children in our local government areas: Glen Eira, Stonnington & Port Philip
The Paediatric Occupational Therapist is a member of the Child Youth and Family (CYF) Team at Caulfield Community Health Service. The CYF Team is a multidisciplinary Allied Health team which provides clinical services to children, youth and families within our local community. These services may be in the client’s home or school setting, as well as in the centre. The Paediatric Occupational Therapist is an integral member of the team and works collaboratively to ensure the needs of our client group (children aged between 0-18 years as well as their families and carers) are addressed.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
You will be an experienced Paediatric Grade 2 Occupational Therapist who will:
- Manage a caseload of child and youth clients (Aged 0-18) with a diverse range of referral reasons
- Be registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of Australia, and adhere to continuing professional development requirements
- Have demonstrated experience assessing mild to moderate developmental delays, and developing appropriate treatment plans
- See clients at the centre, at home and in the community
- Provide comprehensive assessment of activities of daily living and school environments
- Deliver time limited, goal directed interventions
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team members in case discussions, care planning and joint treatment sessions
- Develop a model of care to support children with toilet training
- Focus on identifying and developing innovative service delivery models to manage the Occupational Therapy needs of the Child, Youth and Family Team clients
- Provide supervision and mentoring to Allied Health Assistants and undergraduate/masters OT students
- Achieve monthly client target hours and Key Performance Indicators
- Develop and lead quality improvement activities across Occupational Therapy and Community Health
- Seek professional support and mentoring from Team Leaders
- Generous salary packaging and novated leasing are available through Maxxia
- Onsite child care services, payroll deductible expense
- Onsite staff gym, a payroll deductible expense
- Modern onsite library faculties, exclusive to Alfred Health staff
- Access to health and wellbeing incentives
- Discounted health insurance
For enquiries regarding this role, please contact Ilanit Whiteman (Child, Youth and Family Team Leader) on Tel 9076 6666.
Applications close at 11pm Sunday, 17th March 2024
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Published on 27 Feb 2024, 11:41 PM