- Job no: 62855
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Occupational Therapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent role
- Full-time 80 hours per fortnight w/ flexible monthly ADO's
- Senior Grade 3 Physiotherapist/Occupational Therapist/Registered Nurse
- Community Rehabilitation Program, based at Caulfield Hospital
- Alfred Health Community Rehabilitation Program provides Home and Centre Based rehabilitation as well as Falls Clinic services.
- The service's focus is on the provision of goal-directed, community-based rehabilitation for clients following injury or hospitalisation.
- The Community Rehabilitation multidisciplinary team comprises physiotherapists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, dietitians, a neuropsychologist, a clinical psychologist, allied health assistants, rehabilitation medicine doctor, registered nurses and social workers.
- An exciting opportunity presents for an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled Senior Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Registered Nurse to provide leadership to multi-disciplinary staff working within one of the four Community Rehabilitation teams.
- A major focus of this position will be to provide operational and professional leadership to staff working within Community Rehabilitation, including involvement with service development and quality improvement.
- Managing client referrals and triage process, including monitoring of KPIs and staff caseloads.
- Provision of high-quality clinical PT, OT or Nursing services to ambulatory clients living in the community.
- This role forms part of the leadership team within Community Rehabilitation.
Key Selection Criteria
- Minimum seven years of clinical experience.
- Strong clinical knowledge and skills in ambulatory rehabilitation.
- Well-developed leadership skills, including demonstrated experience in staff supervision.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated skills in the evaluation and implementation of evidence-based practice and modification of service delivery.
- Prior involvement in quality improvement initiatives.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork and a proven ability to resolve conflict.
- Sound skills in organisation, planning and priority setting.
- Opportunity to work with a broad range of clinical presentations.
- Opportunity to work in a supportive team with diverse clinical expertise and knowledge.
- Regular clinical and operational supervision.
- Access to a range of professional development activities.
- Access to salary packaging.
- Discounted health insurance.
- Focus on employee wellbeing with access to formal employee support programs.
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking.
Enquiries: Lana Umansky (Manager) on 0419 577 123 or [email protected]
More information: https://www.alfredhealth.org.au/services/hp/community-rehabilitation-program
Applications close at 11pm Sunday 14th May 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.