- Job no: 62848
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Psychology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Part-time, 16 hours per fortnight (Thursday and Friday afternoons)
- Psychologist Grade 3 or Grade 4
- Gastroenterology - Functional GI Service
- Located at The Alfred
The Alfred is home to one of Victoria’s most comprehensive gastroenterology services.
The Alfred Gastroenterology Department is responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of patients with suspected or established gastrointestinal and liver disease including the appropriate utilisation of diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy and other investigations. Clientele include inpatients admitted electively or via the Emergency Department directly to the Gastroenterology Unit or referred for investigation and management from other Units within The Alfred, as well as outpatients managed in the General Gastroenterology, Hepatitis, Liver, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Functional GI Disorders (FGID), PEG, Hepatoma and Endoscopy Clinics. The Department prides itself on the provision of high-quality ambulatory care of chronic illness in such highly specialised clinics.
This is a role for a senior clinical psychologist who has experience in working with people with chronic physical health problems. At a Grade 4 level, significant experience in working with people who have functional gastrointestinal disorders is required. It is the opportunity to work as part of a dynamic and committed multidisciplinary team and to supervise and mentor junior psychology staff. There is the opportunity to be involved in research. You will also be a senior member of the supportive and progressive Alfred Psychology Department.
- Registration under the Health Practitioner Regulation Law (Victoria) Act 2009
- Endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist or Clinical Health Psychologist under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009
- Approved Psychology Board of Australia Supervisor
- Master or Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology or Clinical Health Psychology
- Membership of the APS and the APS College of Clinical Psychology is desirable.
- 5 years experience working as a psychologist for Grade 3 and 8-10 years experience for Grade 4
- Excellent access to supervision and professional development
- Salary Packaging
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym (Alfred Hospital)
- Childcare services (Alfred Hospital)
If you have any questions about the position please contact Dr Rebecca Burgell on 0402652581
Applications close Sunday, 7 May 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.