- Job no: 62787
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed-term Maternity leave cover until 3rd November 2023
- Full time 80 hrs per fortnight
- Grade 3 AH role / Grade 4 Nursing role
- Based at Alfred Hospital
Rehabilitation, Aged & Community Consultation Services (RACCS) provides consultation, screening and comprehensive assessment of patients to facilitate access to subacute and community pathways. This is achieved through collaboration with treating teams, specialist units, service providers and community agencies and in partnership with patients’ family members and carers to determine which subacute pathway will best meet their needs and deliver optimal outcomes. The RACCS team also ensures the service remains responsive and flexible to organisational imperatives, especially in relation to bed access and patient flow.
As the RACC Access Navigator you will work with the patient, their carer and their treating teams to facilitate the right subacute care in the right place and the right time. You will support organisational flow and access by working collaboratively and responding to referrals in the agreed timeframe. Outside of the referral pathway, you will also provide advice and recommendations in relation to patients who may benefit from subacute or community rehabilitation. These patients may by based in the inpatient setting or admitted to other services.
You will be responsible for identifying barriers to patient flow within their nominated portfolios as well as building capacity and capability within the system to support patients and their treating teams to access care at the right time in the right setting.
- Approved tertiary qualifications and eligibility for membership with AHPRA or the appropriate professional body
- Experience working in a senior allied health/ nurse role with a minimum of five years’ clinical experience in tertiary health system
- Familiarity with subacute services, chronic and complex care and the related diagnoses commonly seen in the subacute setting
- Proven ability to build relationships with colleagues to facilitate interdisciplinary planning and advancement of patient care outcomes
- Access to salary packaging, and discounted health insurance and banking
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Great work life balance
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
Questions? Please contact Jebin Johny on 0452 466 899
Applications close date: 11.59 pm Monday, 6 February 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closes in 10 days - 06 Feb 2023
- Published on 23 Jan 2023, 1:15 AM