- Job no: 62709
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent ongoing (weekdays & weekends)
- Full Time 80hrs/fortnight with ADO Fixed Term Rotating Shifts
- Classification code : HS1
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The Alfred Health Outpatients Program is responsible for the delivery of a number of non-admitted services across the organisation as well as several services that support the delivery of clinical care, including Specialist Consulting Clinics, GP Liaison Service, Health Information Service and the Referral In service.
We currently have a fixed term (6 months) reliever vacancy for an experienced switchboard operator to operate The Alfred’s switchboard. Shifts will vary around the 24hr service that is provided..The successful applicant will be responsible for handling telephone calls from external and internal customers, whilst ensuring that all calls are answered in a timely fashion. This position also includes updating changes to medical staff rosters and dealing with emergency calls promptly.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Higher School Certificate/Victorian Certificate of Education.
- Previous clerical and switchboard experience, preferably in a Hospital environment.
- Highly developed organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Access to Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives in addition to discounted health insurance
- On-site child care centre
- Discounted on-site car parking
- On-site gymnasium
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For a confidential discussion please contact Kristina Janus (Switchboard Team Leader) on 9076 2439
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closed 10 days ago - 30 Jan 2023