- Job no: 62586
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Community Development Worker
- 2x 0.6 EFT Positions
- Classification code – CDW 2B (XX7-ON15)
- Caulfield location
- Staff benefits
Alfred Health Carer Services (Carer Services) support the people who care.
Carer Services is funded by State and Commonwealth Governments to deliver programs including phone support, in person support services, peer support, information and social activities to carers (including young carers) of people who are aged, living with dementia, have a disability or chronic illness, and/or mental illness. We provide services to support carers and care relationships in a client-centred, timely and responsive manner. Carer Services is part of Alfred Health’s Home, Acute and Community program.
This is an exciting time to join the Carer Services team as we move to a new service delivery model.
We are currently looking for two allied health professionals to join our carer assessment and planning Aged team on a fixed term, part time basis.
1x0.6 position until 30/06/2023
1x0.6 position until 31/07/2023 (Maternity cover)
This position contributes to the development and delivery of client-facing programs within Carer Services. Carer Services provide service to:
- Aged - for carers of people who are frail and aged, and/or have dementia; and
- DMHYC - for carers of people who have a disability, a medical condition (including a terminal or chronic illness) and/or mental illness; and young carers of people of any age and condition.
The candidates should demonstrate and respond to needs of carers’, identifying appropriate interventions and linking carers to services that support the carer, caring role and care relationship. Community Development practice aims to work with carers and the person they care for to address issues and needs facilitating solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Bachelor-level qualifications in Health, Behavioural Sciences, Social Sciences or Welfare
- Experience working with carer’s and families
- Knowledge and experience working within disability, aged, mental health or community services
- Experience in managing a caseload, with skills in needs assessment, support planning and providing emotional support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of National Disability Insurance Scheme and My Aged Care desirable
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Bronte Robb on 9076 4061
Applications close: 11pm Tuesday, 14 February 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closes in 5 days - 14 Feb 2023
- Published on 31 Jan 2023, 2:59 AM