- Job no: 62461
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Part-time (30.4 hours/wk)
- Based in Moorabbin
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 4, Social Worker/Occupational Therapist/Psychologist Grade 3
- Regular professional supervision and frequent professional development opportunities
What's in it for you
- Great team culture
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- Work-life balance
Alfred Child & Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties. CYMHS provides clinical services in partnership with a wide range of service providers to achieve the best possible outcomes. Alfred CYMHS is committed to active participation by families and young people in evaluating and improving our services.
Child and Youth Hope Team (C&Y Hope)
C&Y Hope is an exciting new program within CYMHS that supports children and young people at risk of suicide. The program is offered for up to three months and is delivered through a person-centred approach, led by the young person alongside their personal support networks (family, chosen family, friends, carers). C&Y Hope supports individuals by helping them to identify and build protective factors against suicide, and assisting them to having ongoing services. The program offers rapid and intensive response, which draws on youth and family peer, clinical, as well as psychosocial expertise.
What you’ll be doing
The Senior Clinician will work collaboratively with children/young people supported by the C&Y Hope team, their chosen support networks, team colleagues (Coordinator, Clinical, Psychosocial and Lived Experience staff) and stakeholders. The position provides clinical and case management, predominantly on an outreach basis. This includes coordinating the care provided across the team, working in collaboration with colleagues, and providing supervision to Wellbeing (psychosocial) workers within the program. You will be providing clinical leadership and accountability, support and mentoring to C&Y Hope staff.
What we need from you
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or the appropriate professional body
- Extensive skills and experience in assessment of children and young people
- Appropriate work visa
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Salary packaging, discounted health insurance and banking
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Angela Wright on ph: 0439 299 483
Closing date: Sunday, 15 January 2023 by 11pm AEDT
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closed 12 days ago - 15 Jan 2023