- Job no: 62264
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Psychology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Part-time - 40 hours per fortnight to March 2024 – Maternity Leave Backfill
- Grade 3 Senior Psychologist (PL1-PL4)
- Based at St Kilda Road Community Mental Health Service, within Navigations Brief Intervention Team
- Extensive range of professional development and research opportunities
About the Department
Alfred Mental and Addiction Health (AMAH) is the Area Mental Health Service responsible for the operation of services which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
About the Position
The position is part-time and will function under the supervision and direction of the Principal Clinical Psychologist/s at St Kilda Road Clinic (SKRC). The Senior Clinical Psychologist will provide clinical services to clients of the Navigations Brief Intervention Team.
The Navigation Service includes a number of different streams and is tasked with ensuring the timely intake of clients to the service and ensuring patient flow throughout Community Psychiatry. This includes Access and Consultation, Brief Intervention and Transitions service. The role of the Brief Intervention Team is to offer short term support, linkage and referral to primary care & community services. For clients identified as not requiring ongoing case management, however would benefit from clinical support for a period of up to 3 months of psychological treatment that is evidence-based, and routinely offered to clients with clear time limits explained (usually between 6 – 12 sessions).
About you - Qualifications/Experience
- Current AHPRA registration under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009.
- Endorsement (or eligibility to work towards endorsement) as a Clinical Psychologist under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009
- Masters or Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- 5 years minimum experience working as a registered clinical psychologist
- Membership of the APS and the APS College of Clinical Psychologists.
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health – Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Car Parking (subject to availability), onsite gym and child care services
- located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Matt Gittins or Steve Halperin on ph: 9076 9888
Closing date: Sunday the 5th of February 2023, by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closed 4 days ago - 05 Feb 2023