- Job no: 62123
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Health Information Services
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Part-time 64 hrs per fortnight (0.8 EFT)
- Located at The Alfred, 541 St Kilda Road
- Health Information Manager Grade 3
About The Department
Alfred Health is entering an exciting era with the implementation of 3M 360 Encompass System to integrate and automate clinical documentation integrity (CDI), medical records clinical coding and performance monitoring across all Alfred Health facilities. This advanced technology will enable Alfred Health to improve, query and monitor documentation for optimal coded data, increasing coding productivity, appropriate DRG capture and reimbursement, and actionable data to support the improvement of patient outcomes.
- Clinical Documentation Integrity
- Coding Support Team Leader
- ICD Coding and Grouping
- Other Senior HIM duties as required
For a comprehensive guide on these duties and responsibilities, please refer to the position description.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor of Health Information Management or other equivalent qualification
- Eligibility for full membership to the Health Information Management Association of Australia
- Minimum 7 years in a clinical coding-related position
- Salary Packaging and novated leasing are available via Maxxia
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Close to public transport
Please ensure you address the Key Selection criteria in your application. Applications close 2 weeks from posted advert date
If you have any questions about the role please contact Janice Yeung, Coding Operations Co-ordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Donnelly, Acting Manager, Coding & Casemix at email@example.com
Applications close at 11 pm Sunday, 4th December 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 5 days ago - 04 Dec 2022