- Job no: 62121
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
Personal Assistant – Prof/Director Infectious Diseases Program and Clinical Service Director, Infectious Diseases Program
- Full Time - 76 hrs per f/n
- Classification code: Administrator Grade 3
- Alfred location
- Great staff benefits!
The Department of Infectious Diseases The Alfred and Monash University is one of the largest medical units within the Alfred. It incorporates the Victorian HIV Service and Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology Unit. The Department also is a part of Monash University where the majority of research and research collaborations in the unit is conducted through.
This position is a key role within the Alfred Infectious Diseases Program. They will provide personal assistant support to the Professor/Director and the Clinical Service Director who lead the program. This will involve a range of secretarial and administrative duties including; diary management, coordinating meetings, reviewing/preparing documents and letters, travel management, assistance with symposia, front reception and administration functions supporting the operations of the Infectious Diseases Program. The role also works with the administration team within the Department of Infectious Diseases to provide basic secretarial work and diary management to a number of Senior Medical Staff and services within the Department. They will be responsible for coordinating and building the secretarial/PA/admin team to ensure the team meet the requirements of staff and the Department runs smoothly and efficiently. They will provide cover to the other secretarial positions and provide general reception within the office of the Department of Infectious Diseases. The Department sits across The Alfred and Monash University and thus there will be administration functions with the Department’s research activity through Monash University.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Broad secretarial skills including up to date knowledge in relevant computer programs ie, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in managing other staff
- Proficient in medical audiotyping
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Commitment of customer service
- Demonstrated initiative and self-direction
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in dealing with all aspects of the role Desirable
- Previous experience within a health care facility
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Brian Price at m: 0404816429
Applications close at 11 pm Sunday, 4 December 2022.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closed 5 days ago - 04 Dec 2022