- Job no: 62078
- Category: Research, Other Research
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term : 12 months, with opportunity for renewal
- Full Time/Part Time hours considered: 60.8-76 hours per fortnight
- Classification : Grade 5 ($99,242-$107,299 f/t equivalent, based on experience)
- Hybrid work environment - 553 St Kilda Rd and remote
- Staff benefits
Monash School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine is a teaching and research unit of the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences. Within the School is the Centre of Cardiovascular Research and Education in Therapeutics (CCRET), which houses major clinical quality registries in cardiovascular diseases. The Australian and New Zealand Society of Cardiac and Thoracic Surgeons (ANZSCTS) Cardiac Surgery Database is a registry that monitors the safety, quality of care and outcomes for cardiac surgery by benchmarking and reporting performance information back to cardiac surgical units and governments across Australia and New Zealand.
The focus of this role will be to coordinate specialty projects and provide expert advice to support the operations and advancement of the ANZSCTS Database Program. The Senior Project Officer will work collaboratively with clinicians, executives, and other professional and academic staff, both internal and external to Monash University.
We are looking for an active self-starter who can engage a variety of stakeholders, demonstrate sound judgement, and apply project management skills to negotiate the best project outcomes. You will be tertiary qualified with a broad knowledge of clinical registries or large health databases. Experience working in a health service environment would be advantageous, but not essential, and the position may suit someone transitioning from a clinical role to public health. To be successful in the role you will have strong written and verbal communication skills, be highly organised and adaptable, and thrive while working both autonomously and as part of a dynamic and experienced team.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about the opportunity to contribute their talent to a Program dedicated to improving care for patients having cardiac surgery.
- Excellent technical and general writing skills; specifically policies, reports and proposals
- Project management experience and high-level planning and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks, work effectively under pressure and achieve goals within established timeframes
- Demonstrated data literacy skills, with an appreciation for working with health datasets
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with a range of individuals and groups
- Ability to work independently and autonomously under broad direction, and as a member of a cohesive team
Professional development opportunities will be available to support the Senior Project Officer in this diverse role.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please apply NOW.
We will be reviewing and shortlisting applications as they are submitted. Please provide a written outline of your education, qualifications, experience (as per the Position Description) explaining why you are suitable for this role. Specifically, address each of the knowledge & skills (as listed in the Position Description) and provide a written example (or examples) of your experience.
All enquiries to Dr Jenni Williams-Spence on 9903 0229.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closed 4 days ago - 05 Dec 2022