- Job no: 61860
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Full Time
- 80 hours per fortnight
- Classification: Grade 3 (RY9-RZ3)
The Neurophysiology department is a busy clinical diagnostic unit supporting the Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery.
The key responsibilities of the Neurophysiology Scientist will include setting up, recording, and analysing multimodal evoked potentials (e.g., transcranial motor or somatosensory evoked potentials, peripheral nerve, awake and asleep cortical mapping, free-run and triggered EMG). The scientist’s primary role will be setting up protocols, implementing intraoperative processes and procedures specific to each patient. In addition, substantial knowledge and practise of electrical safety relevant to equipment and type of monitoring performed will be required. Another important part of the role will be to provide education and training to junior staff.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Sensitive to / understanding of what it is to be a patient
- Initiative and self-direction
- Organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Team player and able to work successfully in a dynamic
- Bachelor of Science or Applied Science
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience
- Widely experienced and excellent skills relevant to diagnostic neurophysiological tests
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Intraoperative Neuromonitoring (IONM) or completed at least 100 cases independently
Applications close: 11pm Sunday, 29th January 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This is in accordance with the Vaccination of Health Care Workers (COVID-19) Directions - Health Services. All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against influenza. This is in accordance with the Mandatory Vaccination of Health Care Workers (Influenza Vaccine) Directions - Health Services Establishments for influenza.
- Closed 11 days ago - 29 Jan 2023