- Job no: 61838
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Speech Pathology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Alfred Infant, Child and Youth Area Mental Health and Wellbeing Service (ICYAMHWS) is hiring!
- Speech Pathologist Grade 2
- Permanent, Part-time (3 days/wk)
- Based in Moorabbin
- Create a team culture and performance that is based on hope, optimism and a recovery framework
What's in it for you
- Frequent professional development opportunities and regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- Work in a team that celebrates neurodiversity
- Diverse and stimulating work including with parents, families and schools
Alfred Infant, Child and Youth Area Mental Health and Wellbeing Service (ICYAMHWS)
Alfred ICYAMHWS is one component of the Department of Mental & Addiction Health at Alfred Health. We are a community-based service providing comprehensive assessment, treatment and case management to infants, children, adolescents and young people up to the age of 25 years of age presenting with behavioural, emotional, psychiatric or developmental difficulties.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The speech pathologist sits with in a multidisciplinary team in the Developmental Assessment and Management Program (DAMP), with in the Neurodevelopment Stream. As a speech pathologist, you will work with the multi-disciplinary team to contribute to the developmental and psychiatric assessment, providing discipline specific assessment and supporting the subsequent formulation and diagnosis of neurodevelopmental disorders, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder and co-morbid mental health disorders. The speech pathologist also provides case management to support the client and their families implement recommendations following assessment and linkages into longer term therapy options such as NDIS services.
WHAT YOU’VE GOT
- Tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology (Essential)
- Eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia (Essential)
- A sound knowledge of current Speech Pathology practices relevant to the position and its theoretical base
- Clinical paediatric experience or strong interest in working with children and / or adolescents presenting with neurodevelopmental disorders and associated social, emotional, learning and behavioural problems
- Australian working rights
- Current Victorian Driver's License
- Current Working with Children Check or willing to obtain one and be willing to undergo a Background Check
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Great work life balance & located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this sounds like you, click the APPLY button, including your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Eloise Hughes on ph: 0419 770 067
Closing date: Sunday, 11th December 2022 by 11pm AEDT
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in 2 days - 11 Dec 2022
- Published on 24 Nov 2022, 10:32 PM