- Job no: 61836
- Category: Management and Executive, Management
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term – 12 months contract (possibility to extend)
- Full Time: 76 hours per fortnight
- Classification: HS5-HS33 (dependent on experience)
- Location: Monash University, St Kilda Rd, Melbourne
- Flexibility working between home and office available
- Oncology experience highly regarded
Melanoma and Skin Cancer Trials (MASC Trials) is Australia and New Zealand’s collaborative trials group specialising in investigator-initiated melanoma and skin cancer research. Working with multidisciplinary medical and research professionals around the globe, MASC Trials conducts clinical trials and related biological research to improve treatments for melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancers.
MASC Trials is a registered not for profit research organisation, and has an academic affiliation with Monash University, with a dedicated department supporting our research activities, the Melanoma and Skin Cancer Research Centre.
MASC Trials manages a diverse growing portfolio of research in the prevention, early detection and treatment of melanoma and skin cancer, including early to late phase clinical trials. This is a dynamic organisation with global reach and a strong track-record of developing, managing and delivering research that improves outcomes in patients affected by melanoma and skin cancer.
MASC Trials is seeking an experienced Research Manager to support researchers in developing collaborative, high quality research projects and clinical trials that aim to find new and better treatments and prevention.
Specifically, this position will utilise senior-level, specialist knowledge to oversee the implementation of MASC Trials operations. This role provides project management advice and operational support to MASC Trials research staff and trial specific research teams. Established milestones and deliverables will include the Implementation of clinical trials and a broad range of research activities. The Research Manager is fundamental to the effective oversight of the clinical trial portfolio.
This exceptional candidate will be highly organised, preferably with extensive experience in research management, and an understanding of research methodology and Good Clinical Practice. Experience working in an oncology setting will be highly regarded.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary higher degree in a relevant clinical, scientific or public health discipline with substantial relevant professional experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in clinical trials or relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience project managing clinical trials, and ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands.
- Demonstrated understanding of Good Clinical Practice and applicable national and international regulations guiding research and health information management.
- Numeracy skills together with experience in controlling income/expenditure for reconciliation/budget tracking, and managing invoice payments and purchases for a project.
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organised.
- Highly developed organisational skills and proven ability to establish priorities, manage tasks and work to multiple, tight and conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to engage with and establish strong working relationships with clinicians, researchers and consumers.
- Comfortable in taking the initiative and exercising judgement in resolving matters and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively both independently and as part of a team.
Benefits of working with us:
- Contribute to high quality impactful research.
- Work in an exciting and dynamic field.
- Be a part of a supportive, dedicated growing team.
- Opportunities for training and contribution to research output.
- Salary sacrificing options.
Please include your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest in working with MASC Trials and responding to the selection criteria. Please provide a minimum of two referees. Applicants must have full Australian work rights.
All enquiries to Gabrielle Byars, CEO, on M: 0499 001 778.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.
- Closed 3 months ago - 09 Nov 2022