- Job no: 61751
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Pharmacy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Pharmacy Advanced Training Residency 2023 Intake
- Fixed term 2 year contract until 2025
- Full time - 80 hours per fortnight, plus ADO
- Classification - Grade 2 Pharmacist SX2 - SX5
- Alfred Health location
Alfred Health provides health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. We operate across three outstanding inpatient facilities, The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham Hospitals, and also provide specialist services to the state HIV and Sexual Medicine tertiary service. Alfred Health is nationally and internationally recognised for progressive developments in health care, medical research and health care teaching, and is at the forefront of developments in clinical services to ensure the best possible patient care.
The Alfred Health Advanced Training Residency Programme provides pharmacists with a formal structured program to support progression to advanced practice in a specific clinical speciality.
We are looking for Advanced Training Resident positions in the following specialities (in addition to our existing cohort):
- Critical Care
- Oncology and Haematology
- General Medicine
- Peri-operative Medicine
- Mental Health
The TWO-year Advanced Training Residency offer:
- Formal structured learning with minimum 18 months in chosen specialty.
- A two-year full-time Grade 2 appointment within the Alfred Health Clinical Pharmacy Service.
- Formal awarding of an SHPA Advanced Training Resident in the chosen specialty at the completion of the program.
This Advanced Training Residency is for YOU, if you are ready to:
- Build on your existing 3 to 5 years of clinical practice experience.
- Further develop clinical skills and knowledge in a clinical specialty area
- Apply learned theory and practice-based research in a chosen clinical discipline.
- Be awarded an Advanced Training Residency from an internationally renowned centre of clinical excellence.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Clinical experience of 3 -5 years in clinical practice
- Applicant must be a registered pharmacist with AHPRA
- Applicant must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or have a valid working permit
- Credentialed OR have a portfolio that demonstrates progression towards practice as Stage 1 – Transition on the Australian Advanced Level Framework
- Salary packaging
- Staff parking
- Onsite gym
- Close to public transport and shops
Applications must contain the following:
- Cover letter (clearly indicating the ATR stream you are applying for)
- Curriculum Vitae
- A portfolio that demonstrates progression towards practice as Stage 1 – Transition on the Australian Advanced Level Framework
If you are interested in any of the ATR poitions, we strongly encourage you to attend the virtual information evening. This is a chance to understand the SHPA ATR program in more detail and ask questions with the program leads and approved mentors.
Alfred Health ATR information night
Wednesday 2nd November at 6pm
Virtually via Zoom
Meeting ID: 849 4233 8489
Further enquires please contact Elira Menxhiqi Lead Pharmacist - Workforce and Development (email@example.com) or Erica Marsom, Senior Pharmacist – Workforce and Development (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 03 9076 2061.
Applications must be submitted electronically via the Alfred Health website - applications forwarded to the contact email address will not be considered.
Applications close on Sunday 4th December 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 4 days ago - 05 Dec 2022