- Job no: 61703
- Category: Nurse, Psychiatry
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent, Part-time (0.8EFT)
- Based at The Alfred Hospital's Adult Inpatient Units or Community Care Units, or Aged Mental Health Services
- Enrolled Nurse Level 2 (Pending experience)
- This position is offered to those wishing to transition to Mental Health
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
What's in it for you
- Be involved in an innovative mental health program that is making a real differerence
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Regular professional supervision
- Regular study days
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
What you’ll be doing
This position offers experience for Enrolled Nurses to transition smoothly from General Nursing to Mental Health with support. We call this program the Switch transition to mental health nursing program. You will be provided with all the necessary training and experience to enable you to transition into this new role.
Skills in risk assessment, mental state assessment, care planning and knowledge of Mental Health nursing care and practice will be developed whilst undertaking this introductory role in mental health. Each area has a dedicated Clinical Educator to support you to develop Mental Health Nursing knowledge and skills.
The candidate should demonstrate well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively consult, liaise and negotiate with consumers, carers, family members, and other professionals. The position requires a high performer who is consumer focused, a team player, and is motivated and enthusiastic.
The position is based at Alfred Mental & Addiction Health, and is located within either the Adult or Aged Mental Health services and or Community Care Units. Ability and flexibility to work on a rotating shift work roster and either area is required.
- Registration with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia via AHPRA as an Enrolled Nurse and holding a current practicing certificate
- Australian working rights (Visa holders, please upload your visa and passport with your application)
- Full Covid-19 and Influenza vaccination (certificates to be uploaded with your application)
- Be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Located close to public transport, shops and cafes
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Stephen Marum on ph: 9076 6513 or email: [email protected]
Applications close Midnight July 2, 2023
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In accordance with the Health Minister's Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination Order, all Alfred Health employees are required to be fully vaccinated (3 doses) for COVID-19 or hold an acceptable medical exemption. Furthermore, in accordance with the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020, health care workers in Category A or B roles (as determined by the department’s risk ratings) are required to be vaccinated against influenza or hold an acceptable medical exemption.
- Published on 16 Jun 2023, 1:59 AM