- Job no: 61463
- Category: Nurse, Registered Nurse
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term - Part Time (12-month maternity leave cover)
- 64 hrs per fortnight, Monday to Friday hours
- Classification - RN Grade 4A or Allied Health Grade 3
- Alfred Location
- Staff benefits
HARP Complex Care is a service within the range of Health Independence Programs (HIP), and in Alfred Health it sits within the Home Acute and Community (HAC) program. HARP reports through the Community Integration Directorate. The role of HARP as described by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is to “provide hospital substitution and diversion by supporting people in the community, in ambulatory settings, and in people’s homes.” Alfred Health’s HARP Complex Care Service is comprised of a multidisciplinary workforce working in an interdisciplinary model of care.
An exciting opportunity is now available in the Hospital Admission Risk Program (HARP) at Alfred Health for a Grade 4A RN to fill a fixed term position as a Complex Care Clinician. This senior role is responsible for leading the coordination of care for highly complex patients in the community setting, across the Alfred Health catchment. This role has local leadership accountabilities over a small team in collaboration with a senior nurse. The position works in a dynamic environment in a multidisciplinary approach to provide an integrated and flexible model of care. HARP works in collaboration with a multitude of stakeholders and the patient to improve the health and wellbeing of individuals through clinical and psychosocial interventions. This role opens opportunities for the incumbent to develop leadership skills and to gain valuable experience in the management and care of diverse, challenging, and dynamic problems for people with chronic and complex health conditions. Along with being an expert in nursing knowledge, demonstrated clinical skills, and providing specialist support and advice to clients and colleagues. In particular supporting clients and staff in care planning to reduce avoidable hospital admissions by optimising function and safety at home whilst promoting quality of life in the community setting. The successful applicant will have sound clinical skills, the confidence, and competence to co-lead a small team, and a strong interest in caring for people who experience significant challenges in both chronic disease, vulnerability, and psychosocial complexities. The position is based largely at the Caulfield Hospital and operates weekdays from 8.30-1700.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Tertiary qualification in health related discipline
- Current professional registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA)
- Breadth of experience working with people who have complex health or medical conditions.
- Sound understanding of the broader Victorian healthcare and community support sector.
- High level of computer literacy and electronic medical record platorms.
- Experience with using patient management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibly with internal and external services.
- A high standard of written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
- Salary packaging
- Novated leasing
- Onsite gym
- Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Hannah Byrne on 0428645237
Applications close at 11 pm Sunday, 11 December 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in 2 days - 11 Dec 2022
- Published on 24 Nov 2022, 12:05 AM