- Job no: 61424
- Category: Nurse, Education
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Fixed Term, Part-time (0.8EFT) to June 2023 - leave backfill
- Based in Caulfield Hospital (Baringa Unit)
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 5
What's in it for you
- Frequent professional development opportunities
- Regular professional supervision
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is responsible for operating services, which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
This position is based at the Caulfield Hospital in the Alfred Mental & Addiction Health Baringa Inpatient Units program, ensuring clinical capability and competency standards are achieved. The CNC will not directly supervise the NUM or bed-based staff; however, they are to provide a consultancy service regarding specialist programs within the mental health bed-based services. They must demonstrate superior consolidated clinical skills at a proficient level and the focus practice areas for the role being the development of clinical nursing service as well as demonstrating and upholding best practice nursing care and recovery standards.
The role will, in collaboration with the NUM and other nurse educators, contribute towards an appropriately skilled workforce by providing mentoring, particularly to junior nurses or recent recruits, with a focus on bed-based nursing development to address priority issues on the wards, which are related to vulnerable and high-risk consumers presenting with high-level needs.
The role will ensure that a multidisciplinary workforce development and education programme is provided to the team.
Looking for a unique opportunity to work with a great team.
- Current Authority to Practice from AHPRA as a Registered Nurse with a minimum of 5 years full-time equivalent post registration experience in mental health nursing.
- Postgraduate qualification in psychiatric/mental health nursing or have completed a specialist undergraduate psychiatric nursing program.
Applications close at 11pm Wednesday, 5th October 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in 7 days - 05 Oct 2022
- Published on 21 Sep 2022, 6:12 AM