- Job no: 61394
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent (ideal start date 24th October 2022)
- Full Time (76 hours per fortnight)
- HS4 Grade (salary dependent on experience)
- The Alfred Hospital, Prahran location
Alfred Health is one of Australia’s leading healthcare services. We have a dual role: caring for more than 700,000 locals who live in inner-southern Melbourne, and providing health services for Victorians experiencing the most acute and complex conditions through our statewide services. We have played a leading role in managing and preparing for challenging health events, including COVID-19.
We are committed to providing innovative and better healthcare experiences beyond this, and working with our patients and consumers so we can better connect with our community across our three outstanding facilities The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham.
You will be joining the Operations department at an exciting time as we recover from the COVID-19 pandemic and shift into recovery and organisational reform.
This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer who is responsible for the management and performance of Alfred Health’s clinical operations, meeting national emergency access targets, and service development.
If you have a mindset for continuous improvement and would like to work in a supportive environment where you are empowered to grow, this is the role for you.
This role is ideal for someone searching for a close-knit partnership with a supportive, highly driven, outcome focused COO.
As an EA you will work to truly understand the operation and function of the COO’s role and Operation’s Executive Office, efficiently managing their complex diary, developing trusting and effectual relationships with key stakeholders, and providing a sounding board for key operational decisions.
You will also be responsible for managing the Executive Administrator, who supports the Deputy Chief Operating Officer and Chief Executive Officer’s Office. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to develop their leadership skills and shape the Operation’s Executive Office and Operations Administrative team more broadly.
To be successful in this role, you will be intuitive, approachable, proactive and tech savvy, with experience working in a dynamic environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, demonstrating cooperativeness, friendliness and assertiveness and experience in liaising with executives and staff at all levels.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to communicate both verbally and written on behalf of an Executive.
- Excellent organisational skills with a commitment to customer focus, attention to detail and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, proactive and to take initiative.
- Proven ability in a similar environment, preferably at an executive level, where highly developed organisational and prioritisation skills are required, as well as proficiency in a wide range of administrative skills.
- Supportive team environment
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Leadership opportunities
- An attractive remuneration package with excellent salary packaging tax benefits
- Discount health insurance
- Car parking (subject to availability) and key public transport connections
- Onsite gym
- Child care services
Applications close 11pm date Sunday 2nd October. All enquiries to Emily Garrett on 03 9076 2826.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in 4 days - 02 Oct 2022
- Published on 20 Sep 2022, 5:06 AM