- Job no: 61379
- Category: Nurse, Psychiatry
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Join an Industry leader in acute psychiatric care
- Part-time/Full-time positions: 64-80 hours per fortnight
- Permanent ongoing
- RPN Grade 2
- Located at The Alfred Hospital
Alfred Mental and Addictions Health sits within the Division of Ambulatory Services & Mental Health at The Alfred. It comprises both adult and child & adolescent services and a research unit. There is an important relationship also with the aged mental health service at Caulfield General Medical Centre (CGMC).
The position is based at the Alfred Adult Mental Health Inpatient Unit. We are seeking a patient centered mental health nurse to work within the unit. You will have a comprehensive knowledge of the Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation is required, along with well-developed interpersonal skills to effectively partner with patients in their recovery. The position requires post-registration experience and the necessary training and experience to enable working in an acute inpatient unit. Relevant knowledge and demonstrated skills in risk assessment, mental state assessment, recovery care planning and knowledge of acute mental health nursing care and practice is essential to undertake this role
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current unrestricted registration with AHPRA as a Nurse Division 1 or 3
- Postgraduate qualifications in nursing or working towards this (desirable)
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Well-being initiatives, onsite gym, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume and cover letter.
For more information regarding the position please contact Megan Layne on 04 4716 0357
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Published on 19 Sep 2022, 10:52 PM