- Job no: 61358
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Social Work
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Permanent Position
- Full Time (80 hours per fortnight)
- Grade 2 Classification Social Work- Rehabilitation
- Caulfield Hospital Location
The Alfred Health Social Work Service operates across The Alfred, Caulfield and Sandringham Hospitals. The Social Work Service includes approximately 52 EFT (operational reports) with an additional 70 EFT (professional reports) who provide interventions to inpatients and outpatients across all Alfred Health clinical programs. The Social Work Service is aligned to the Alfred Health strategic goals and operational performance targets. The Social Work Service is committed to the teaching and ongoing professional education of staff and students, research and quality improvement activities. All Social Work staff must meet the profession’s competency-based minimum standards of practice at all times.bAll Social Work staff must be eligible for AASW registration. The Alfred Health Social Work Service provides the workforce to each clinical program and therefore supports each clinical program meeting performance targets including patient experience, access, elective surgery and waitlist management measures.
The Social Worker is responsible for the provision of social work services to patients and their families/significant others to achieve the aim of a safe discharge plan. The Social Worker will provide comprehensive psychosocial assessments through the use of clinical reasoning, to formulate and facilitate timely quality discharge plans. A multi-disciplinary, patient-directed approach and the development and maintenance of community linkages are important in this position. The worker will be required to consult with Social Workers and staff from other disciplines on issues relevant to patient care and provide advanced casework expertise. The Social worker will work in a team to provide care to patients in the Rehabilitation setting at Caulfield Hospital. This will involve building close collaborations and open communication channels between members of these teams.
Caulfield Hospital provides Rehabilitation and Aged care support to patients in the inpatient sub-acute hospital setting. The Social Worker will be expected to actively contribute to the team and departmental activities, such as quality improvement programs and development of service initiatives within the specialty area, and priority allocation. Supervision of junior staff and students will also be expected as required.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Advanced social work skills and experience as evidenced by preferably 2-3 years or more years post qualifying experience and a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
- Demonstrated experience in the area of health and an understanding of this diverse patient population and the issues impacting the hospital admission and discharge planning process.
- The ability to work within a fast-paced acute environment
- An understanding of NDIS/TCP/ACAS and a good understanding of adjustment to illness and counselling support is vital for this role
- Demonstrated experience in social work student supervision and an interest and commitment in the professional supervision of staff.
- Good working knowledge of hospital settings is crucial to this role as is a good understanding of working with an Electronic medical record
• Salary Packaging
• Discounted Health Insurance
• Car Parking (subject to availability)
Applications close September 28, 2022
Please send all enquiries to Maria Pavlou- Deputy Social work Manager on 9076 6272.
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed an hour ago - 28 Sep 2022