- Job no: 61352
- Category: Nurse, Psychiatry
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Alfred Mental and Addiction Health (AMAH) - Consultation Liaison Service
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 5
- Permanent Full Time & Part-Time Available 0.8-1.0 EFT
- Based at the Alfred Hospital
- Great Staff Benefits
CL Addictions provide consultancy services to the whole hospital including the ED and the psychiatric in-patient units, including expert assessment, primary and secondary consultation, treatment planning, advice on withdrawal management and contributes to the discharge planning of relevant patients
The Addictions Liaison Nurse will engage in the provision of drug and alcohol nursing consultancy services to The Alfred and provide support and advice where appropriate to Primary Care providers engaged in post discharge care and treatment for this cohort of patients.
- Registration with the Nurses Board of Victoria through AHPRA
- Post graduate qualifications in Addictions studies or working toward completion.
- Minimum of 5 years post graduate experience working in mental health settings or alcohol and other drug treatment settings.
- Tertiary qualifications in mental health nursing
- Proficient in both Addictions assessments and mental state examination
- Salary Packaging
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff Car Parking
- Onsite Gym
- Childcare Services
Enquiries to Meg McKechnie 0427 171 165 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday) or Lisa McKenzie (Wed and Fri) 0419 811 087
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in a day - 29 Sep 2022
- Published on 19 Sep 2022, 1:26 AM