- Job no: 61301
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Social Work
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Full-time with flexible ADO
- Permanent contract with Alfred Mental and Addiction Health (AMAH) on completion of the two-year graduate program
- Grade 1 Social Worker Yr 2/3 (dependent on qualifications & experience)
- Substantial progression opportunities across a number of clinical areas at AMAH
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health:
Alfred Health is the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is also a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. The health service operates three outstanding facilities, The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham. Alfred Mental and Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
We have a position available for recently graduated Social Workers, interested in pursuing a fulfilling career in public mental health, to join our team at Alfred Mental and Addictions Health (AMAH).
Flexibility to work a 7-day rotating roster if/when necessary, is desirable. You will then join the 2023 intake for the Allied Health Graduate programme.
Successful applicants will be provided with:
- Inclusion in the prestigious 24-month Allied Health Entry Level Program
- Rigorous Orientation Program
- Regular discipline specific clinical supervision
- Involvement in the discipline-specific Peer Support Program
- Protected education, training, and professional development time and opportunities to ensure proficiency in core competencies
- Targeted career planning and progression consultations
- Graded caseloads
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environments
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, generous salary packing, super contributions, on site gym, library facilities, Employee Assistance Programs, novated leasing, discounted health insurance and banking
- Great work life balance & located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
In order to be considered for this prestigious position you will need:
- Bachelor of Social Work, or recognised equivalent.
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Full Australian working rights (Visa holders must upload a copy of your visa and passport with your application)
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and Influenza (evidence must be uploaded with your application)
- Current driver licence
- Current working with Children’s check and be willing to undergo a background check
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV and cover letter before the closing date.
For information regarding the position, please refer to the position description. If further clarification is required, please contact Dani Gold Social Work Clinical Educator on 0447112771 for a confidential discussion or email your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 3 hours ago - 28 Sep 2022