- Job no: 61294
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Speech Pathology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Speech Pathologist (Grade 2)
Acquired Brain Injury Community Rehabilitation Service and ABI in-patient ward, Caulfield Hospital
- Fixed term – Maternity leave cover
- Full time (1.0 EFT) - 0.5EFT ABI community, 0.5EFT ABI In-patient ward
- Grade 2 position
- Caulfield hospital
Alfred Health's Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Rehabilitation Centre provides specialist state-wide rehabilitation services for people with moderate to severe acquired brain injuries including traumatic brain injuries, stroke, hypoxic brain injuries and other causes of non-progressive brain injury. The service comprises an inpatient rehabilitation service, a community rehabilitation service and a 4-bed transitional living service.
This grade 2 clinician is responsible for the following:
- Providing high-quality assessment and management of patients within the ABI community rehabilitation service and ABI inpatient unit, primarily in the areas of communication, cognition, swallowing and voice.
- Contributing to an interdisciplinary team approach to achieve optimal patient care and outcomes and to minimise clinical risk.
- Participation within the student education program.
- Contributing to quality improvement and research activities within the ABI service.
- Promoting a culture of ongoing learning and development within the team.
- Enhancing the overall functioning of the ABI programs by participating in necessary administrative tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A recognised degree in Speech Pathology
- Eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Previous experience in a community rehabilitation setting is highly desirable
Alfred Health’s ABI Service provides you with access to regular clinical supervision, opportunities for continued professional development and being part of a friendly and supportive team.
Other organisational benefits include:
- Salary Packaging and Novated Leasing with Maxxia
- Onsite car parking/bike area
- Access to Health and well-being initiatives
- Onsite gym
Enquiries to: Gemma Duffield, Grade 3 Senior Speech Pathologist or Cath Naismith, Grade 4 Senior Speech Pathologist, Phone: 9076 7423
Closing Date: Midnight, Thursday 29th September 2022
Applications are to be submitted electronically via The Alfred Health website www.alfred.org.au
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in a day - 29 Sep 2022
- Published on 15 Sep 2022, 5:37 AM