- Job no: 61071
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Occupational Therapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
New Graduate Occupational Therapist- Allied Health Entry Level Program 2023
- Full-time with flexible ADO commencing Feb 2023
- Permanent contract with Alfred Mental and Addiction Health (AMAH) on completion of the two-year graduate program
- Grade 1 Occupational Therapist Yr 2/3 (dependent on qualifications & experience)
- Substantial progression opportunities across a number of clinical areas at AMAH
Alfred Mental & Addiction Health:
Alfred Health is the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne and is also a major provider of specialist services to people across Victoria. The health service operates three outstanding facilities, The Alfred, Caulfield, and Sandringham. Alfred Mental and Addiction Health is responsible for the operation of services which focus on people with a severe mental illness residing in the Inner South Eastern area of Melbourne.
The single most important goal of Alfred Mental & Addiction Health is to create an environment that facilitates clinical recovery, supports individual recovery efforts and strives to minimise service system barriers to the recovery process.
Commencing February 2023, we have a number of positions available for recently graduated Occupational Therapists, interested in pursuing a fulfilling career in public mental health, to join our team at AMAH. As an entry level Occupational Therapist, you will have the opportunity to enhance people’s quality of life by enabling them to participate in meaningful occupation through targeted assessment and intervention across a number of reputable clinical service areas.
Flexibility to work a 7-day rotating roster if/when necessary, is desirable.
Successful applicants will be provided with:
- Inclusion in the prestigious 24-month Allied Health Entry Level Program
- Rigorous Orientation Program
- Regular discipline specific clinical supervision
- Involvement in the discipline-specific Peer Support Program
- Protected education, training, and professional development time and opportunities to ensure proficiency in core competencies
- Targeted career planning and progression consultations
- Graded caseloads
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environments
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, generous salary packing, super contributions, on site gym, library facilities, Employee Assistance Programs, novated leasing, discounted health insurance and banking
- Great work life balance & located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
In order to be considered for this prestigious position you will need:
- Bachelor and/or Masters of Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Registration as an Occupational Therapist with AHPRA
- Eligibility for membership of OT Australia
- Full Australian working rights (Visa holders must upload a copy of your visa and passport with your application)
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and Influenza (evidence must be uploaded with your application)
- Current driver licence
- Current working with Children’s check and be willing to undergo a background check
Applications close Sunday, 25th September 2022, 11pm AEST
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please submit your CV (including one final year SPEF summary (final summary pages only and academic transcript) and cover letter before the closing date.
For information regarding the position, please refer to the position description. If further clarification is required, please contact Harriet Muse Occupational Therapy Practice Lead on 0406 085 149 for a confidential discussion or email your queries to email@example.com
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closed 3 days ago - 25 Sep 2022