- Job no: 60841
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Nutrition
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Fixed term 12-month Maternity Leave backfill (Until September 2023)
Part-time (3 days per week)
Classification - Grade 2 Dietitian
Location – Caulfield Hospital
Great staff benefits
The Nutrition Department provides an integrated nutrition and dietetic service at The Alfred, Sandringham and Caulfield Hospitals. It aims to provide nutritional care to Alfred Health’s patients during their healthcare journey including prevention of malnutrition, optimising nutritional wellbeing and recovery.
Alfred Health’s Nutrition Department is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and skilled Grade 2 Dietitian to join a busy clinical department located at Caulfield Hospital. The Grade 2 Dietitian is part of a team providing nutrition services to ABI Unit, inpatient wards, and the Better at Home program. The role will work closely with Senior Dietitians in clinical nutrition services including nutrition support and discharge planning. The Grade 2 Dietitian contributes to the education of dietetic students and supporting the professional development of Grade 1 staff. The Grade 2 Dietitian will participate in quality and research activities under the guidance of a Cluster Leader, to develop nutrition services through teamwork, collaboration and communication.
- High-quality experience in the assessment and nutritional management of patients, encompassing the provision of enteral and oral nutrition support
- Excellent communication skills, proficiency in nutrition education and basic computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise students and act as an adviser and resource person to Grade 1 and new graduate Dietitians
- Eligibility for membership of DAA and APD credentialed
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
To submit an application for this position, please provide the following:
- A Letter of application, no longer than 2 pages, addressing your nutrition interests and experience.
- Curriculum Vitae
Please note - a document addressing key selection criteria is not required
For enquiries, please contact Suzy Jackson, RACC Nutrition Clinical Operations Lead (0448 812 241)
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.
- Closed a month ago - 28 Aug 2022