- Job no: 60223
- Category: Administration, Administration & Office Support
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- 12-month contract
- Part Time – 60.8 hours per fortnight (negotiable)
- Based at the Alfred Centre, 99 Commercial Road, Melbourne
Established in early 2018, the Department of Neuroscience, is one of the largest academic departments in the Central Clinical School (Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, Monash University) and also one of the first university academic departments in Australia dedicated to developing and providing solutions for patients with neurological conditions. We partner closely with the Alfred Health healthcare service, in particular the Alfred Brain program and are a member of the Alfred Research Alliance, a research hub located at The Alfred Hospital.
The Cognitive Health Initiative, led by Professor Amy Brodtmann, is a newly formed team within the Department of Neuroscience. Prof Amy Brodtmann and her team are global leaders in human cognitive neuroscience research. Her research focuses on the links between stroke, vascular risk factors and neurodegeneration, with an interest in imaging brain network degenerations following stroke and the diagnosis and management of focal onset dementias.
The purpose of the role is to provide high-level provide research and administrative support for the Post Ischaemic Stroke Cardiovascular Exercise Study – Zoom Intervention Against Cognitive Decline (PISCES-ZODIAC) study and other studies led by Prof. Amy Brodtmann. PISCES-ZODIAC is a randomized controlled trial examining the effect of aerobic exercise on brain volume and cognitive decline after ischaemic stroke.
The successful candidate will recruit participants from multiple sites (e.g., Austin Health, Eastern Health, Epworth Hospital), contact participants to organise appointments, complete MRI safety checks, enter data and manage the study databases, and assist with research related activities, including data analysis and the preparation of manuscripts. The position will also foster relationships with key researchers Monash University and collaborating institutions (e.g., Austin Health, Western Health, The Florey Institute, Eastern Health), and other researchers both nationally and internationally, to promote the sharing of ideas and data sets.
- A postgraduate degree in psychology, neuroscience, health sciences or related field
- Demonstrated project coordination skills with the ability to support research projects accordance with agreed standards and timeframes
- Research experience in a clinical setting requiring patient contact, recruitment, and liaising
- Experience in the administration and scoring of cognitive tasks and mood questionnaires
- Demonstrated database management experience and data entry skills with knowledge of RedCap systems
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
All enquiries to Alex Billett at Alex.Billett@monash.edu
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in 2 days - 30 Sep 2022
- Published on 05 Sep 2022, 11:59 PM