- Job no: 59982
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Physiotherapy
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Employment Status: Ongoing
- Full-Time position 80 hours/fortnight with ADO's
- Grade 2 Physiotherapist VB1 - VB4
- Location: Caulfield Hospital in both the Cardiac Rehabilitation Unit (CRU) and Hospital Admission Risk program (HARP)
This role will work across two separate departments, Cardiac Rehabilitation and HARP to provide rehabilitation and support to patients suffering cardiac and other chronic diseases.
This is an exciting new collaborative role working across both Cardiac Rehabilitation and HARP to support patients in optimising their health independence. The role will see the successful clinician work in both site-based care and the community. The role would suit an individual passionate in working with patients with chronic health conditions. The successful applicant will work Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning in Cardiac Rehabilitation and Wednesday afternoon, Thursday and Friday with the HARP Complex Care team. In Cardiac Rehabilitation the Grade 2 Physiotherapist will work closely with the Cardiac Rehabilitation Grade 3 Physiotherapist to ensure the provision of a high quality, cost effective and equitable service within the CRU. They will also contribute to operational leadership in the Cardiac Rehabilitation stream by becoming involved in portfolios in the areas of clinical, research and teaching, and performance management. The position requires involvement in the up skilling of junior physiotherapy staff and physiotherapy students within the Cardiac stream. Working in this coveted position in one of Australia’s leading Cardiac Rehabilitation Units enables the successful applicant access to professional development including ACRA & VACR workshops and conferences, development of excellent clinical skills in cardiac rehabilitation and the opportunity to participate in research development.
In the HARP role, the physiotherapist will be part of the centralised team made up of many different allied health clinicians. The Physiotherapist will provide support to patients in four geographical teams undertaking client assessments or participating in team-based client assessments and formulate patient driven SMART goals with other key stakeholders. The successful applicant will provide direct clinical care and provide short term PT interventions and onward referrals to those requiring longer term goal directed PT
- The successful applicant will be highly organised and flexible with regards to their working environment.
- Have the ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Have excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate respect to all staff and patients
- Have an enthusiastic approach to cardiac learnings and professional development.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- Current registration with Physiotherapy Board of Australia (AHPRA)
- Eligible for membership of the APA
- Post Graduate qualifications in physiotherapy or other relevant areas to Cardiac Rehabilitation
- History of involvement in research, conference presentations and quality improvement processes.
- ACRA Membership
- Victorian Drivers Licence
- Minimum 2 years clinical experience
- Experience in cardiorespiratory physiotherapy
- Relevant clinical experience in both acute and rehabilitation settings
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team
- Experience in the supervision and performance management of graduate physiotherapists.
- Demonstrated understanding and commitment to principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and modify service delivery in accordance with evidence-based practice.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to promote teamwork.
- Demonstrated participation in professional development relevant to the position
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking
- Child care services
All enquiries to Mary-Anne Beer (CRU NUM) on [9076 6227] or firstname.lastname@example.org. or Hannah Byrne (HARP Operations Lead) on 0428645237 or H.Byrne@alfred.org.au
Applications close at 11pm Sunday, 16 October 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 2 months ago - 16 Oct 2022