- Job no: 59947
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Manager CDAMS (Cognitive Decline and Memory Service)
• Part-time – 0.9 EFT (68.4 hours) 9 day fortnight
• Classification code – Allied Health Grade 4B, Registered Nurse Grade 4B
• Caulfield Location
• Staff benefits
The Cognitive Dementia and Memory Service (known as the Cognitive Decline and Memory Service within Alfred Health) is an outpatient Health Independence Program (HIP) funded by the Victorian Department of Health. CDAMS provides a specialist multidisciplinary assessment, referral, education and advisory service for people experiencing memory loss, confusion or other cognitive changes, and for their carers. There is a CDAMS in each health region of the state, each operating under a consistent state-wide model of practice. The Alfred Health CDAMS, services the inner south region, covering the cities of Port Phillip, Stonnington and Glen Eira. The clinic is staffed by a Manager, Administration Support, Occupational Therapists, Community Nurse (ACAS rotation), Neuropsychologists, Neurologists, Psychiatrist and Geriatricians. Senior Psychiatric Registrars, Aged Care and Neurology Registrars also rotate through the service.
We are seeking an experienced allied health or nursing clinician to provide leadership and management to the experienced CDAMS team. The role also includes a clinical case load. You will require experience in managing multidisciplinary staff and knowledge and expertise in the assessment, diagnosis and management of dementia and cognition in the community. Job share arrangements will be considered.
Qualifications and Experience
• Relevant Allied Health or Nursing qualifications.
• Current registration with AHPRA if applicable.
• Demonstrated working knowledge and expertise in dementia and cognition.
• Demonstrated experience in the management of multidisciplinary health care teams.
• Highly developed change management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of the health care sector and the Health Independence Programs strategic direction.
• Current Victorian Drivers Licence
• Salary packaging
• Novated leasing
• Easy public transport access and discounted staff car parking
If you are interested in this position or would like any further details, please contact Narelle Best 0419 322 525
Applications close 11pm Monday, 15th August 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closed 2 days ago - 15 Aug 2022