- Job no: 59782
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Social Work
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Currently, we are looking for Social Workers to join our Weekend Social Work Service - if you are a Social worker who has experience in hospital discharge planning then please let us know if you are interested in joining our Weekend Social Work Team
- Permanent, Fixed-term
- Casual Weekend Grade 2 Social workers
- Full-Time, Part-Time and opportunities for weekend work
- Social Worker Grade 1 to Grade 2
- Alfred Health locations
- Staff benefits
Are you a Social Worker looking for your next challenge? Come join the Alfred Health Allied Health Team!
The Social Work Department operates in accordance with the philosophy and goals of The Alfred. A focus on the quality of life and participation in care is a primary goal of the Department.
Social Work aims to identify and address the psychosocial impacts of illness and hospitalisation for patients and their families by providing a range of services that increase the quality of life and participation in care. Social Work also assists patients and their families with a smooth transition from hospital to home.
Social Work provides a range of services including:
- Discharge Planning
- Crisis interventions
- Bereavement counselling
- Family support
- Care coordination
- Making Appropriate referrals
- Community liaison
Social Work provides services in a range of locations and clinical specialities including:
- Trauma - Emergency, ICU, Burns, TAC, Hyperbaric
- Infectious Diseases and HIV/AIDS
- Cardiology including Transplant and Cardiothoracic
- Cancer - Bone Marrow Transplant, Radiotherapy, Haematology and Palliative Care
- General Medical Units
- Aged care and Neurosciences
- Renal and Cystic Fibrosis
The Grade 1 Social Worker is perfect for new graduate social workers
The Grade 2 Social Worker will have at least 3 years of experience
The Grade 3 Social Worker will have at least 5 years of experience
The Social Worker is responsible for the provision of advanced social work services to patients and their families/significant others within The Alfred hospital.
This position aims to reduce length of stay in the acute hospital setting, prevent admissions to inpatient wards, coordinate hospital and community services, prevent re-admissions to emergency and improve patient outcomes and consumer satisfaction. Development and maintenance of community linkages are important in this position.
The Social Worker role includes working in a multi-disciplinary team environment and providing advanced social work services including:
- The ability to liaise, actively engage and collaborate with health professionals, family members and community agencies.
- Conducting comprehensive psychosocial assessments through the use of clinical reasoning to formulate and facilitate timely quality discharge plans.
- Consulting with colleagues and staff from other disciplines on issues relevant to patient care and provide advanced casework expertise to patients.
- Being responsible for maintaining and managing a complex caseload within the clinical unit and the social work department.
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Bachelor of Social Work, or recognised equivalent.
- Experience in an acute hospital setting is preferable.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team and with families, exhibiting initiative and facilitative qualities.
- Previous experience working within a hospital setting.
- Knowledge of working within an Electronic medical record will be required for this role
- Salary packaging
- Discounted private health insurance
- Onsite parking (subject to availability)
- Gym and library facilities (Alfred Hospital)
- Child care services (Alfred Hospital)
- Close to public transport and shops
If you are interested in the opportunity to join one of Australia's leading health care providers, then we want to hear from you.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Published on 10 Aug 2022, 5:44 AM