- Job no: 59701
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Social Work
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Social Worker, Grade 2- ABI Unit- Caulfield Hospital
- Permanent - Full Time
- Location: Alfred Health
- Great Staff Benefits
This is an exciting new role for a Grade 2 Social worker to assist Alfred Health in supporting patients with an Acquired Brain Injury. The Social Worker is responsible for identifying and meeting the needs of the specialist patient group in collaboration with the clinical units, particularly the management of complex clinical cases. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential for this position, including negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal. An ability to display flexibility within work practice and to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team are also essential. Development and maintenance of community linkages, collaboration with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders is an important component in this position. The worker will be required to consult with staff, both Social Workers and those from other disciplines, on issues relevant to patient care and provide advanced case work expertise. Consultation with NDIS, TAC, Workcover, ACAS, Transitional Care Program (TCP), Carer Services, Office of the Public Advocate (OPA), Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) will also form a key component of this role. Please address the Key selection criteria in the application.
- Eligibility for membership of Australian Association of Social Workers. Bachelor of Social Work, or recognised equivalent.
- Experience in an acute hospital setting is preferable.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team and with families, exhibiting initiative and facilitative qualities.
- Previous experience working within a hospital setting.
- Knowledge of NDIS, Aged Care services and TAC funding models will be advantageous
- Knowledge of working within an Electronic medical record will be required for this role
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Childcare services
Enquiries to: Maria Pavlou Deputy Social work Manager on 9076 3026
Closing date: August 10, 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
In compliance with the Victorian Chief Health Officer's Mandatory Vaccination Directions, all Alfred health employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 with TGA approved vaccine and must have evidence of their vaccination status.
- Closed 7 days ago - 10 Aug 2022