- Job no: 59508
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Part-time (4 days/wk), to October 2023
- Based in Narre Warren (and Dandenong)
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse Grade 3, Social Worker/Occupational Therapist/Psychologist Grade 2
- Frequent professional development opportunities
What's in it for you:
- Great team culture and a supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- Be involved in an innovative youth mental health program that is making a real difference in the community!
Headspace Early Psychosis is an innovative and comprehensive youth early psychosis programs being delivered through one program in each Australian state. Through this initiative, young people and their families have timely access to comprehensive evidence-based early psychosis services. This program aims to intervene early with young people who have unusual sensory experiences and/or beliefs and their families and supporters. The service builds on strengths and resilience, uses the wisdom of lived experience and fosters hope, potential, and recovery.
Narre Warren and Dandenong Headspace Early Psychosis is a dynamic team, seeking work differently with young people and their families in the area. We value collaborative work and therapeutic interventions. We have a strong and inclusive team culture that seeks to develop staff and improve outcomes for the people we care for.
What you’ll be doing
As a CCT (Continuing Care Team) Clinician will provide clinical assessment, intervention, case-management and therapy to young people presenting with, or at risk of, developing early psychosis and facilitate a culture that emphasises family involvement. In addition, you will act as a resource demonstrating current theoretical knowledge and evidence base for discipline specific practice in mental health.
In this role, you will be well supported through an outcome orientated multi-disciplinary team structure with opportunities for professional development.
What we need from you
- Approved tertiary qualifications and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or relevant professional registering body
- Appropriate work visa
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 & Influenza (please upload your certificate)
- Visa holders must upload a copy of your passport and visa
- Current Victorian Driver License, Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Background Check
- Great employment benefits as part of Alfred Health - Wellbeing initiatives, access to salary packaging, novated leasing and discounted health insurance and banking
- Portable long service leave from other public health services
- Located close to public transport, shops and restaurants
If this opportunity sounds like it is for you, click the APPLY button, include your resume, cover letter and Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
For more information regarding the position please contact Paul Bennetts on ph: 0427 169 615.
Closing date: Sunday, 21 August 2022 by 11pm AEST
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in 4 days - 21 Aug 2022
- Published on 04 Aug 2022, 5:44 AM