- Job no: 59461
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Other Allied Health / Medical Science
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory, to inpatient and home and community based services.
- Fixed Term and Permanent Positions - Maternity Leave and Long Service Leave cover
- Full-Time or Part time – up to 80 hours per fortnight
- Classification – Perfusion Grade 1 or 2 – AZ1-AZ6 or EZ1-EZ7. Trainees will be considered
- Alfred location
- Staff benefits
The Department of Perfusion at the Alfred provides a comprehensive and state-of-the-art Perfusion Service in the treatment of cardiac and respiratory diseases, working in close collaboration with the relevant services within the Directorate of Alfred Heart & Lung (Department of Cardiothoracic & Transplantation, Department of Cardiology and Department of Respiratory Medicine) as well as with the Intensive Care and Emergency Departments.
A Clinical Perfusionist is a qualified person who is a trained and experienced in the Physiology, Pharmacology, Technology and operation of extracorporeal perfusion equipment in any medical situation where it is necessary to support or temporarily replace a patients’ cardiopulmonary or circulatory function.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Eligibility for membership of Australian College of Cardiovascular Perfusion.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team in an often-challenging environment, exhibiting initiative, strength of character and facilitative qualities
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Enquiries: Mark Mennen, Director of Perfusion on 9076 3185
Applications close 11pm Thursday, 8th September 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
- Closed 20 days ago - 08 Sep 2022