- Job no: 59429
- Category: Management and Executive, Management
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
Project Manager (Value in Care Project)
- Employment Status - Fixed Term Position (August 2022 to June 2024)
- Hours: Full Time Position (Part Time at 4 days per week may be considered)
- Salary $107,299 - $111,627 (excluding super), depending on qualifications and experience
- Location: 553 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
An exciting opportunity to improve patient care and outcomes has opened in the Musculoskeletal Health and Clinical Epidemiology Unit in The School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University. Join us to develop a career in health services research alongside a dynamic team of colleagues.
The Musculoskeletal Health and Clinical Epidemiology Unit comprises internationally renowned researchers in health services research, musculoskeletal epidemiology, evidence synthesis, and implementation science. We undertake high quality clinical and epidemiological research to answer questions that are important to both patients and clinicians and can be translated into better quality patient care and outcomes. An opportunity is now available for a motivated and enthusiastic professional with relevant experience to join our team.
The Value In Care – optimising surveillance COLonoscopy (VIC-COL) project is seeking a Project Manager. VIC-COL is an implementation study that aims to improve appropriate and timely surveillance colonoscopy, in partnership with several Victorian healthcare services. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with academics across the three Academic Health Science Centres (Melbourne Academic Centre for Health, Monash Partners, Western Alliance) and clinicians at participating healthcare services.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing project deliverables and works closely with the academic leads, co-investigators and other project staff to engage with participating hospitals, coordinate ethics submissions, establish the study database, coordinate intervention delivery, manage data collection, and contribute to publication outputs.
- Skills in project management including the ability to develop, implement and evaluate projects that require high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to develop strategic plans with key internal and external stakeholders, and deliver and monitor the execution of these plans
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills with proven ability to effectively analyse information and produce clear, succinct summaries in reports and interactions with others
- Excellent computer literacy and proficiency in the production of high-level work using software such as Microsoft Office applications, online research databases and other software programs, with the capability and willingness to learn new packages as appropriate
- Experience leading and evaluating a research project (highly desirable)
Join us to further your career in health research alongside a supportive team of internationally renowned researchers.
- Salary Packaging
- Discount Health Insurance
- Onsite Gym
- Child care services
Applications close (11pm Sunday 21 August 2022)
Cover letter must describe how the candidate addresses the position selection criteria.
All enquiries to A/Prof Denise O’Connor on 0423 201 863 (business hours only).
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in 4 days - 21 Aug 2022
- Published on 02 Aug 2022, 4:26 AM