- Job no: 59265
- Category: Allied Health and Medical Science, Psychology
Alfred Health is a leader in health care delivery, improvement, research and education. We are the main provider of health services to people living in the inner southeast suburbs of Melbourne, from ambulatory to inpatient and home and community-based services.
- Senior Clinical Psychologist - Alfred ICU
- Permanent Position
- Part-time - 4 days a week , Job share will be considered
- Classification: Psychologist Grade 3
The Alfred Psychology Department includes Clinical Psychology and Clinical Neuropsychology. Psychology Services are professionally part of the Allied Health Service. Within the acute hospital, clinical psychologists are based in the Cystic Fibrosis (CF), HIV, Oncology, Heart Transplant, Paediatric Lung Transplant, Haemophilia, Multiple Sclerosis and Burns services. The Psychology Department is progressive, supportive of staff, and focussed on providing high quality evidence-based assessment and treatment services. Psychology staff are provided with great opportunities for knowledge and skill development through supervision and a well-developed professional development program.
This role is ideal for a senior clinical psychologist who has experience in working in acute health with people who are seriously ill. You will provide psychology services to patients in the ICU. As well as the direct clinical work you will provide consultation and education to other professionals. You will be a valued member of a dynamic and highly skilled Allied Health Team as well as a senior member of the supportive and progressive Alfred Psychology department.
- Registration under the Health Practitioner Regulation Law (Victoria) Act 2009
- Endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law (Victoria) Act 2009 -
- Approved Psychology Board of Australia Supervisor
- Master or Doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology
- Membership of the APS and the APS College of Clinical Psychology is desirable.
- Excellent access to supervision and professional development
- Salary Packaging
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Car Parking (subject to availability)
- Onsite Gym
- Childcare services (Alfred Hospital only)
If you have any questions about the position please contact Lynda Katona on 0402 071 138.
Applications close 28th August 2022
Alfred Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged.
All Alfred Health employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine and must provide evidence of their vaccination status. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
- Closes in 11 days - 28 Aug 2022
- Published on 12 Aug 2022, 2:56 AM